61 2 9947 6782
Nathan is a workplace relations lawyer with experience across a range of areas including employment, safety and administrative law. He is also an experienced litigator.
60 seconds about Nathan
Nathan has extensive experience in workplace relations and safety law, advising clients across both the private and public sector in the following areas:
- Employment-related litigation including unfair dismissal, adverse action and discrimination claims.
- Contracts of employment, policies, performance management and workplace investigations.
- Industrial relations including negotiating enterprise agreements, managing industrial disputes and advising on the interpretation of awards and agreements.
- Work health and safety, including advice to businesses, and their officers, on their WHS obligations, immediate assistance and advice in relation to serious incidents and the investigation of serious incidents.
- Acting for clients, both prosecuting and defending, WHS prosecutions, including in the 'dual‑regulated' rail and mining industries.
- Administrative review, including privacy, government information and firearms.
As an experienced litigator, Nathan is confident managing all aspects of litigation including interviewing witnesses, drafting affidavits and submissions, attending conciliations and mediations and appearing in courts and tribunals.
Nathan's experience includes managing litigation in the Supreme Court of NSW, Industrial Relations Commission of NSW, Federal Circuit Court of Australia and Fair Work Commission as well as other State and Federal courts and tribunals.
Nathan has recently completed a secondment at the NSW Police Force, specialising in employment and administrative law.
Cert IV Government (Investigations)
NATHAN'S RECENT EXPERIENCE
Acting for a large public sector employer in relation to many different sets of proceedings and complaints by one disgruntled ex-employee, including litigation that spanned privacy, disability discrimination, complaints of corruption, requests of public assembly, public interest disclosures, workers' compensation issues and an application for prerogative relief in the Supreme Court.
Providing on-site advice and assistance to a large Australian mine operator in relation to a fatal underground workplace accident, providing advice in relation to investigations conducted under WHS law and complementary mining regulations and acting for the mine operator in a subsequent WHS prosecution.