Henry Davis York invited to join the exclusive Group of Thirty-Six (G36)
15 March 2017
INSOL International, the peak industry body for the world's leading restructuring and insolvency firms, has invited HDY into the prestigious Group of Thirty-Six (G36). This appointment recognises HDY's market leading restructuring and insolvency practice.
The G36 was formed as the principal vehicle for INSOL's activities. The member firms provide significant ongoing support, including financial support, to enable INSOL to carry out its collaboration with major projects including:
- The World Bank Principles and Guidelines for Effective Insolvency Systems
- UNCITRAL Model Law on Cross-Border Insolvency
- UNCITRAL Legislative Guidelines on Insolvency Law
- IMF Report on Efficiency Insolvency Procedures
- Group of Thirty Report on “International Insolvencies in the Financial Sector”
- Group of Thirty Report on “Reducing the Risks of International Insolvency”
- UNIDROIT Convention on International Security Interests
- G22 Key Principals and Features For Insolvency Regimes.
HDY Banking Turnaround and Insolvency Group Leader Alex Mufford said "HDY is very proud to support INSOL for almost 2 decades. Scott Atkins, HDY Partner and chair of HDY's board, also sits on the Board of INSOL and is Chair of Taskforce 2021 which is undertaking a strategic review for INSOL to help it face into the next decade and beyond. Scott's involvement with INSOL commenced upon becoming a Fellow of INSOL 8 years ago. John Martin, HDY Partner and the senior partner in HDY's cross-border insolvency team, has been an active participant and leader of many INSOL initiatives since 2001, culminating in his appointment as Technical Co-Chair for INSOL's Sydney Congress next week."
A full listing of the G36 firms can be found here G36 firms.