HDY bolsters its leadership from within
11 June 2014
Henry Davis York (HDY) has appointed banking, insolvency and restructuring specialist, Katie Higgins to its partnership effective 1 July 2014.
Katie joined HDY as a lawyer 10 years ago from King & Wood Mallesons and since then has worked within the firm's Banking, Restructuring & Insolvency group. Katie is a trusted adviser to the firm's banking clients, including the Big 4 Australian Banks, international investment banks, hedge funds and private equity funds. Her specialist expertise is in banking, finance, complex restructuring and problem-loan related matters and distressed debt investing (DDI).
Katie will be primarily focused on building the firm's complex restructuring and distressed debt investing practice together with Roger Dobson, head of the firm's Financial Services practice, and partner Alex Mufford.
Commenting on Katie's appointment to the partnership, Roger Dobson said "Katie has the right skill set to drive our strategy in the restructuring and DDI space. She has very strong technical skills and is highly respected by both clients and colleagues. Her promotion will enhance our capability, capacity and bolster our firm's leadership."
The firm's managing partner, Sharon Cook added "Our partnership remains strong as a result of both organic partner growth, including Katie's appointment, and attracting market-leading partners from other tier 1 firms. This is testament to our firm's focused vision and strategy and our unique culture which values high performance, fosters collaboration and supports people to reach their full potential." she said.
HDY has also announced 12 promotions within the firm, including 9 lawyers to senior associate and a further 3 to special counsel. The latest round of promotions spans the firm's practice groups, highlighting the breadth and depth of talent within the firm.
These promotions take HDY's number of special counsel to 20 and senior associates to 49. HDY has a total partnership of 49 supported by more than 350 staff.
List of promotions:
- Katie Higgins - Banking, Restructuring & Insolvency
- Anneliese Korber - Property, Environment & Projects
- Bronwyn Maynard - Workplace Relations & Safety
- Hazel McDwyer - Intellectual Property
- Kate Jarman - Property, Environment & Projects
- Rebecca Laban - Banking, Restructuring & Insolvency
- Jade Matthews - Commercial Disputes Group
- Tom Reaburn - Workplace Relations & Safety
- Allison Rickett - Workplace Relations & Safety
- Anna Simmons - Banking, Restructuring & Insolvency
- Sam Smith - Investments Practice
- Elizabeth Sullivan - Banking, Restructuring & Insolvency
- Ben Wilford - Commercial Disputes Group
For further information contact:
Head of Communications
Henry Davis York
61 2 9947 6568
61 408 939 226