10 April 2015
Independent Australian law firm Henry Davis York has 24 lawyers listed in Australia's Best Lawyers 2016.
Partners Stephen Gorry, Jon Ireland and Elizabeth Wild have been listed for the first time. They join:
- Kevin Arkwright (Construction / Infrastructure Law)
- Scott Atkins (Insolvency & Reorganisation Law)
- Nikki Bentley (Funds Management and Investment Law)
- Nicholas Brunton (Planning & Environmental Law)
- Louise Cantrill (Insurance Law)
- Philip Crawford (Insolvency and Reorganisation Law & Litigation)
- Jennifer Degotardi (Real Property Law)
- Roger Dobson (Distressed Investing and Debt Trading and Insolvency & Reorganisation Law)
- Jeffrey Goldberger (Construction / Infrastructure Law and Government Practice)
- Stephen Gorry (Litigation)
- Jon Ireland (Funds Management)
- Stephen Jauncey (Labour and Employment Law)
- John Martin (Insolvency & Reorganisation Law and Litigation)
- Simon McSweeney (Banking & Finance)
- Kathy Merrick (Insolvency & Reorganisation Law and Litigation)
- Ben Mortimer (Commercial Law)
- Alex Mufford (Banking & Finance Law and Distressed Investing & Debt Trading and Structured Finance Law)
- Patrick O'Grady (Asset Finance Law and Banking & Finance Law and Structured Finance Law)
- Graham Read (Construction / Infrastructure Law, Government Practice and Transportation Law)
- Scarlet Reid (Labour & Employment Law and Occupational Health & Safety Law)
- Andrew Steele (Real Property Law)
- Rebecca Whittle (Insurance Law)
- Elizabeth Wild (Planning & Environmental Law)
- Tony Woods (Government Practice and Labour & Employment Law).
John Martin and Scarlet Reid also received additional awards. John has been named Best Lawyers' 2016 Sydney Insolvency and Reorganisation Law Lawyer of the Year. Scarlet Reid has been named Best Lawyers' 2016 Sydney Occupational Health & Safety Law Lawyer of the Year.
Only one lawyer in each practice area in the state is honoured as 'Lawyer of the Year.' These lawyers are those who received the highest ratings from their peers.
Best Lawyers is a global listing system that is based on peer review.
For further information contact:
Head of Communications
Henry Davis York
61 2 9947 6568
61 408 939 226