03 Jul 2017
Market Leading Australian law firm Henry Davis York has announced the promotion of three new Partners, two Special Counsel and nine new Senior Associates.
The three Partners appointments from the firm's Banking, Turnaround and Insolvency Team include:
- Michael Catchpoole
- Noel McCoy; and
- Helen Taylor*.
The two Special Counsel appointments, also part of the firm's Banking, Turnaround and Insolvency Team, include:
- Suzanne Berben;
- Mary-Frances Murphy.
The nine Senior Associate promotions from across the firm include:
- Banking, Turnaround & Insolvency – Agnes Kang, Candy Lau, Kirsty Prinsloo, Andrew Staples and Samantha Walden;
- Environment & Planning – Nicola Targett;
- Real Estate – Elizabeth Boden and James Hill; and
- Risk & Insurance – Jessica Thurtell.
Henry Davis York Managing Partner Michael Greene said: "It's a very special occasion when colleagues are promoted and new partners join the partnership. These appointments recognise the expertise and experience of our lawyers and the firm's investment in the development of our people and the continued growth of our firm. Congratulations to all who have been appointed, I look forward to continuing to celebrate your achievements."
These appointments follow the recent triple hire in HDY's Canberra office.
* Upon being admitted as an Australian legal practitioner (expected to be in October 2017), Helen Taylor will become a member of the partnership of Henry Davis York. Helen is currently a Special Counsel admitted to practice in England and Wales.