Nathan in 60 seconds
Nathan is a workplace relations lawyer with experience across a range of areas including employment, safety and administrative law. He is also an experienced litigator.
Nathan has extensive experience in workplace relations and safety law, advising clients across both the private and public sector in the following areas:
- Employment-related litigation including unfair dismissal, adverse action and discrimination claims.
- Contracts of employment, policies, performance management and workplace investigations.
- Industrial relations including negotiating enterprise agreements, managing industrial disputes and advising on the interpretation of awards and agreements.
- Work health and safety, including advice to businesses, and their officers, on their WHS obligations, immediate assistance and advice in relation to serious incidents and the investigation of serious incidents.
- Acting for clients, both prosecuting and defending, WHS prosecutions, including in the 'dual‑regulated' rail and mining industries.
- Administrative review, including privacy, government information and firearms.
As an experienced litigator, Nathan is confident managing all aspects of litigation including interviewing witnesses, drafting affidavits and submissions, attending conciliations and mediations and appearing in courts and tribunals.
Nathan's experience includes managing litigation in the Supreme Court of NSW, Industrial Relations Commission of NSW, Federal Circuit Court of Australia and Fair Work Commission as well as other State and Federal courts and tribunals.
Nathan has recently completed a secondment at the NSW Police Force, specialising in employment and administrative law.