With industry and governments continuing to push to reduce trucks on our nation’s roads we look to the rail industry to get vital goods around our vast country. Developing new rail infrastructure and maintaining our existing resources to a high standard are both significant priorities for those operating in this industry.
And while regulation of the rail industry is reasonably stable, and harmonised across States and Territories, it remains complex. So whether you’re moving freight or passengers, and looking to operate high-speed links between capital cities or light rail within our suburbs, you must seek expert regulatory advice from HDY to ensure your business and your people are operating safely and complying with your regulatory obligations.
How we can help
We work with companies operating in the rail industry to help them understand their regulatory framework. Specifically, this often means we are engaged to:
- Draft and implement rail safety policies and procedures
- Assist with appropriate accreditation for regulatory purposes
- Train our clients’ people on their rail safety responsibilities
- Work with our clients to respond to rail safety enquiries by the regulators
- Represent our clients during investigations and prosecutions.
Click here to find out more about our work health and safety expertise.
HDY is currently represented on the following panels for rail safety engagements:
- NSW Whole of Government Panel
- Commonwealth Government Legal Services Multi User List Panel.