Lost productivity, reputational damage, fatalities; the impact of misapplying or misunderstanding the work health and safety regulations that govern your industry can be extreme. You are responsible for providing a safe work environment for all those under your care, whether they are your direct employees or contractors engaged by others to work for you. This can create confusion about where your duty of care starts and ends, and what steps you need to take put safety at the top of your priority list, without compromising productivity.
The regulations surrounding Work Health and Safety have become more complex and less predictable since changes introduced in 2012, despite the harmonisation of regulation across States and Territories. With little case law for guidance, it is imperative that you seek expert advice from HDY on the current Work Health and Safety regulations and how they impact your organisation. Our team understands your Work Health and Safety rights and your obligations under the regulations, and can advise you on the best course of action, whether you’re drafting your policy or responding to an incident.
How we can help
The Work Health and Safety team at HDY can complement your in house employment law resources, or advise your organisation directly. We have extensive experience in:
- Drafting appropriate Work Health and Safety policies for organisations in the private and public sectors
- Corresponding with the relevant Commonwealth, State or Territory Work Health and Safety regulators Negotiate and settle disputes and actions before they reach Court
- Represent you and/or your organisation in civil or criminal matters relating to your Work Health and Safety practices.
HDY is currently represented on the following panels for Work Health and Safety engagements:
- NSW Whole of Government Panel
- Commonwealth Government Legal Services Multi User List Panel
- Sydney Cricket and Sports Ground Trust.
More specific information is available about our work health and safety regulation expertise in the following industries: