Ensuring HDY is a firm where our internal and external LGBTIQ communities are supported, included and celebrated is important. In the context of our committee, LGBTIQ stands for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Questioning individuals.
HDYPride is the firm's LGBTIQ network to influence firm policy and support all our employees to ensure they feel safe, included, valued and able to reach their full potential regardless of their sex, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Our network is comprised of a passionate group of people (those who identify as LGBTIQ and enthusiastic allies alike) from across all areas of the firm.
Some of our HDYPride initiatives include:
- Strong pro bono relationships with the Human Rights Law Centre (HRLC), the and the Australian Human Rights Commission (AHRC), partnering with them on issues affecting the LGBTIQ community (including Birth Certificate Reform for the transgender community)
- Member organisation of Pride in Diversity
- Participate in Pride in Diversity's Australian Workplace Equality Index annually
- HDY has proudly stated our public support for Marriage Equality in Australia. Consistent with our Values and commitment to diversity and equality, the partners signed and lodged an open letter in support of marriage equality with Australian Marriage Equality. The letter we signed can be viewed here
- Policies and guidelines to offer specific support to our LGBTIQ colleagues
- Firmwide acknowledgement of and participation in important LGBTIQ events and initiatives such as Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, IDAHOT Day and Wear it Purple.